I have goals for Pilates, but I got to thinking at work one day that I need something more concrete; a way to better measure my success. After over 5 years practicing Pilates and about 2 years instructing its hard to notice the small improvements you make along the way. Your body feels different over time or your clothes fit better. However, I want to set a personal challenge to see how using Pilates props (foam roll and magic circle) at home along with my regular routine can boost up the process.
Goal: Stick to a plan for 90-days to tone up and loose inches through Pilates
Start Date: December 20th
End Date: March 21st
- Do the Foam Roll Workout 3x/week (Sun, Tues, Thurs) I found online
- Do the Magic Circle Workout 2x/week (Mon, Wed) found in Ellie Herman's book Pilates Props Workbook
- Blog every month on how my workouts are going and how my body feels
- Continue with my normal weekly routine of Pilates at the studio and running to train for another 5K early next year
- Eat what I would on a normal basis without any major alterations
Stats as of 10/21/08:
Current Stats as of 12/16/09:
- Height- 5ft 4in
- Weight- 140lbs.
- BMI- 24.03
- Waist- 31.5inches
- Bust- 34.5inches
- Hip- 39inches
- Thigh- 22.5inches
- Upper Arm- 11.5inches
Currently I am feeling a little run down with the holidays approaching and lack of restfull sleep. These past few weeks have kept me busy with a full schedule of clients and social events, but I am excited to start with my new plan for 2010. I invite you to take the challenge along with me or continue reading for updates along the way. Together, let's look forward to a happy, healthy 2010!