Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New You! 2011

Last year in my New Year's fitness program I lost 7lbs, 3 inches in my hips, and a few in my waist within a few simple months.  This year I'm at it again with a new program to give me focus for winter.  One of my goals for 2011 is to run a half marathon.  My focus with each workout will help get me in overall lean shape at a rapid pace.  The workout will be a mix of Pilates standing barre work, intense core matwork and consistent runs.


Pilates acts like a multivitamin no matter which sport you enjoy.  The mix of Pilates and running (walking/jogging can be a good replacement also) is sure to get you an improved figure for when spring approaches.  


Just as a reminder my stats after my program as of 3/22/10:
  • Height- 5ft 4in
  • Weight- 133
  • BMI- 22.08
  • Waist- 30inches
  • Bust- 32inches
  • Hip- 36inches
  • Thigh- 22inches
  • Upper Arm- 11.5inches
Current stats as of 1/2/11:
  • Height- 5ft 4in
  • Weight-133 lbs.
  • BMI- 22.08
  • Waist- 30.5 inches
  • Bust- 31 inches
  • Hip- 35 inches
  • Thigh- 21.5 inches
  • Upper Arm- 11.5 inches
Goal: Stick to a 90-day plan with Pilates and running to get in shape for a half marathon in 2011.

Start Date: January 2, 2011
End Date: April 1, 2011

The Plan: 
  1. Run outside or on elliptical for half hour 3x/week
  2. Combine Barmethod exercises along with a few others variations I know for a half hour routine 3x/week (done on off running days)
  3. Pilates basic ab 10-minute routine called Pilates Abs on Hulu 3x/week (done with running days)
  4. Take a Pilates studio lesson 1x/week
  5. Post updates on this blog and final results

No comments:

Post a Comment