Monday, June 20, 2011

Field Trip: Foot Reflexology

With all the running I do, I decided it was time to give my feet a reflexology session to take out the kinks.  Blisters from my past few runs had been hindering my performance and slowing me down.  Luckily, I meet Lauren through the fitness classes I taught and she referred me to to her studio Serenity Room.

The session began by propping me back into a chair so I was in a relaxed state.  She massaged one foot at a time and mentioned some of the areas found in this diagram to tell me some "trouble" spots.  These pressure points in the feet, when touched help the body eliminate toxins and heal faster.  Not to mention it feels great to relax your soul!


The first session I had left my feet feeling like I was walking on clouds.  That same day my low back and right shoulder blade adjusted back into alignment.  The next day I felt tingling in my jaw (Lauren had mentioned she had stimulated my gum region).  As time passed it felt easier to breath and my blisters fully healed on their own.

I went back the following week for another session and noticed that spots that we sensitivities previously now felt less tense.  This indicated my body was responding well to the reflexology.

If you ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend getting a foot reflexology session to experience all the wonderful healing benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment