We stand for a majority of our lives yet most of Pilates is on the floor. It's important for balance and coordination that more functional movements are brought into Pilates. Standing leg work is a must and will add a challenge for your advanced clients. Posture starts at the feet, so creating a strong base of support will help align the rest of the body.
Don't have a ballet bar or a chair for stability? Place hands against a wall to help clients balance.
- Standing leg presses with magic circle at knees/ankles
- Piles + heel lifts + pulses
- Knee lifts front/side (think like knee folds)
- Hip opener press back/side
- Calf raises (parallel, Pilates V, inwardly rotated)
- Frog squats
- Squats w/ball + squeezes
- Rom de jam (half circles)
- Side kicks (make sure pelvis stays neutral)
- Knee lift + leg extension