- Set a date! SMART goals get results. Such as, "I want to loose 10 lbs in 12 weeks by the time I run a half marathon" work best. Bonus: write it down and put it in a place like your fridge where you will see it daily as motivation when you need it most
- Plan your reward(s). When you reach your small or large goals make sure there is a prize to keep your eye on. Such as: new jeans, pedicure, massage, new nail polish, fun date night
- Lean out your meals. Eat soup before a meal to make you feel fuller. Exercise portion control. Opt for an open-face sandwich to cut out 100 calories. Consume breakfast to help jump start your metabolism. Drink more water throughout the day. Click here for more ideas on healthy food.
- Make exercise more like "playtime". Try something new. Get on a schedule. Do activities with friends or families (ice skate, play at the park, join a sport team, go for a swim). Plan out a race day to hold you accountable. Take the stairs (10.7 cal/min) or shovel snow (7.6 cal/min).
- Mobile apps hold you accountable (they're your new fitness coach & friend). Jot down everything you eat to stay on budget toward your goal. Log in workouts and keep in touch with others. Examples:
Saturday, January 28, 2012
at 12:33 PM